Balustrades are extensively installed in several buildings, including residential spaces because they provide optimal support to balconies and staircase. They are made from a wide range of materials such as wood, iron, stone, glass and stainless steel. Out of the different types, the frameless glass balustrade is emerging to be a popular pick amongst homeowners.
Know More about Glass Balustrade
The glass balustrade is a balustrading material that offers safety and is often utilized in the form of fencing. These can either be frameless, semi-framed or fully framed and crafted from various types of glass like safety glass, structural glass, and tempered glass. They even come in curved, opaque and textured designs so that you can choose the one that blends with the decor of your home.
Benefits of Installing Frameless Glass Balustrade
There are innumerable benefits of installing frameless glass balustrade and the top 7 amongst them are as follows:
- Glass does not block light: Often it is seen that the traditional balustrades tend to block the path of light and this makes your home appear dull and lifeless, however that will never be the case when you opt for glass. Rather, this evenly reflects light, illuminating every corner and creating a sense of space and appeal.
- Diversity of designs: The designs that you are going to explore when selecting glass balustrade is par excellence. In fact, since it’s extremely easy to combine any material with glass; manufacturers ensure that they come up with a diverse range of colours, textures, and styles, which means no matter what the design of your home might be, you will always be able to find the right match.
- Safe and Strong: The frameless glass balustrade is commonly made from tempered glass which does not break easily. It is able to sustain structural pressure to a great extent and is as strong as stainless steel. With this, you can ensure that your family is protected when they are using the stairs or are standing on the balcony.
- Modern Appeal: When you want to add a sleek and modern appeal to your home then there cannot be anything better idea than having glass balustrades. They can be a wonderful option for beautiful modern decor and act as a counterweight to the other rustic elements too.
- Creates an illusion of space: Having frameless glass balustrade can create an illusion of space, especially when you opt for the clear glass. As a result of which, the area appears even larger and complete. This can be a boon in disguise for those who are concerned about the limited space of their home.
- Eco-Friendly: Compared to other elements, the recyclability of glass is relatively high and it has the lowest chemical inert element. Metals, on the other hand, do emit hazardous compound when they corrode over time, but this will never be an issue in the case of glass balustrades.
The visual and functional benefits of the frameless glass balustrade make it an important addition to any home. Though it is recommended to pay more for the glass panels, this will be an investment that will last for generations to come. Whether you are thinking about constructing a new home or remodelling it, add to your homes aesthetics by installing glass balustrades.